Monday, August 23, 2010

Shall not be long but I'll be here again!

The title of my (final) blog comes from Ross in the current production of "Macbeth", but it has personal meaning - as of this past Friday, I am an intern no more. It's both a sad and happy time: I've had the absolute time of my life at Cal Shakes over the past 2 years, seeing three productions I was involved in make it to the stage ("Romeo & Juliet", "John Steinbeck's The Pastures of Heaven" and "Macbeth"). If there's anything left to be learned in an internship, I certainly can't think of it (although, of course, I hope I never stop learning!), and I was lucky enough to get to see 2 previews of "Macbeth" from the audience. I was enthralled watching the show, even having seen it at least 10 times prior in rehearsals - Joel Sass, the actors and designers have all done an amazing job, and my goodbye to everyone Thursday night after notes was a tearful one. I am once again back in hot, humid and rainy Gainesville, Florida starting my Senior year, but all the love and lessons learned at Cal Shakes follow me here, and will for the rest of my life. So to all the actors, designers, stage managers, administrators, educators, production crew, office staff and devoted patrons who have come into my life these past two seasons, know you will stay there forever. So until next time (and there will be a next time, promise!), "I take my leave of you; Shall not be long but I'll be here again!"

-Dallas
Stage Management Intern '09-'10

No comments: