Friday, April 18, 2008

4 More Weeks

until school's out. I feel like since I'm a college sophomore that I shouldn't have this underlining countdown going on in the back of my head due to a profound maturity level or something, but I don't. I feel like every spring semester just gives me this intense feeling of excitement to be out in the sun hanging out and being active rather than at my desk pretending to be interested in the different social classes of America. I guess it's that little third grader in me. On that note, exactly 30 more days till finals and then I'm FREE!

On more of a Cal Shakes note:
Today was pretty busy for me. I came in and helped look for names of Production Assistants then had a mini-meeting with Emily Morrison (AL Mother Hen) about this summer and planning ahead for future work on 2-Week Camps! It was totes* exciting and I can't wait to start. After that little mini-meeting I caught up with Beth Sandefur (Gala Queen) which was nice since I hadn't seen her in a good two weeks. Then I went on to having a New Works/New Communities meeting and catch-up session with Tara and J-Rich (Jessica Richards, Cal Shakes Princess). Lovely, lovely times y'all. Right now I'm working on updating our contact lists for bay area youth organizations to work with for our 12th Night Project. It's sad to have to update this list because often times you'll find that some non profit organizations have closed or lost a member of their team.

What else to talk about.......

let's see.
I know I already mentioned that [title of show] is going to broadway, so what else.............

OH! The NY Times did a fantastically witty review on Brodway's: The Little Mermaid. Check it out here.
here are some highlights:
"The whole enterprise is soaked in that sparkly garishness that only a very young child — or possibly a tackiness-worshiping drag queen — might find pretty."
"Ursula’s electric-eel henchmen resemble revelers at Limelight, the departed New York dance club, on a dinosaur-theme night."
"The unfortunate Ms. Scott has eight octopuslike tentacles to contend with, which may account for the bizarre mutability of her accent, which shifts among Cockney, plummy English, Brooklynese and Zsa Zsa Gabor Hungarian."

God I love the NYTimes.

OKAY: How about

VIDEOoftheWEEK

How crazy is Elaine Stritch?
SUPER CRAZY!
and i love every minute of it.

Peace and Love,

Derek

No comments: